Preparing Students for Both College and a Career
Over 24 IT Certifications Offered
- ACADEMY FOR TECHNOLOGY EXCELLENCE
- ACADEMY FOR DIGITAL EXCELLENCE
- ACADEMY FOR GAME DESIGN & PROGRAMMING EXCELLENCE
HOME TO TWO MICROSOFT OFFICE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
|Juliana Toyloy-Stanton (3rd Place PowerPoint)||Tyler Millis (1st Place PowerPoint)|
Academy for Technology Excellence - ATE
The Academy for Technology Excellence is dedicated to providing a rigorous and deliberate IT course track to drive competency for a Network System Administrator computer science career. This track is a complete immersion track of courses that allow students the potential to earn over 18 industry standard IT computer certifications, such as the Microsoft Office Specialist: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, Cisco Certified Network Associate and Entry Network Technician, CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+ and Security+, as well as the Microsoft Technology Associate: Server, Networking, Operating Systems, Security and the Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Server, Windows Operating System certifications.
For these certifications we find it essential that they are able to use and develop their skills with the actual software and hardware tools that they would use if they were working in that role.
- Computer Bench sets / Breakables
- Routers and Switches and Cabling
- Wireless Access Points
- A Virtualization Server
- Virtualization Software – Virtual Box to simulate real OS environments for installations
- Microsoft IT Academy Membership – Access user software for students to practice installing and configuring
- Practice Exams through Measure-UP and Certiport
- Plus, IT Certified Instructors from the IT field
Academy for Digital Excellence - ADE
Academy for Game Design and Programming Excellence - AGD&PE
The Academy for Game Design and Programming Excellence offers students the ability to understand the fundamental principles of game and simulation concepts in a project based course environment. Students will learn game and animation design principles, coding languages, and more. Our instructors are dedicated in using industry standard software and tools to gain students these amazing key skills. Students enrolled in the game design program will gain the skills necessary to receive Autodesk 3D Studio Max certification, as well as, Adobe Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop credentials. Game Design and programming uses a variety of hardware and software tools in order for students to find a medium that best suits their need to create 2-D to 3-D games.
Tools students use to get the job done are:
- Wacom pen tablets
- Microsoft Kinect for Motion Capture
- Microsoft Xbox
- 64bit pc’s with 21 inch monitors
- Game Factory for foundational practice purposes
- Adobe Suite – Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Flash and Illustrator
- Unity 3-D, Autodesk 3Ds Max, Motion Builder, Mud Box
- Various Freeware like Alice, Greenfoot, and Eclipse
- Microsoft Visual Studio